Crossroads Care Kent support Carers and the people they care for. We help Carers to make a life of their own outside caring by providing quality care services offering peace of mind while they enjoy some time to themselves.
If you are providing care or support to a family member or friend because they are ill, elderly, frail or have a physical or learning disability, we can help. Our aim is to keep loved ones and the caring unit together.
If you are a Carer, we can provide:
- Short breaks
- Palliative Care
- Bathing / dressing and undressing
- Meal preparation and assistance with eating
- Management of continence
- Support to access social activities and hobbies
- Support in a crisis
- Specialist dementia support staff
- Cogs clubs
- Clubs for Young Carers
- Macmillan Volunteer support
Kent Carers Matter campaign launches
Crossroads Care Kent has joined with four other Carer organisations in Kent to launch Kent Carers Matters, a county-wide campaign to:
- raise the profile of Carers in Kent
- increase access to Carer services
- support health and social care professionals to identify and refer Carers to services earlier
- provide more opportunities for Carers to engage with and have their say about local and national issues that affect them.
To find out more about Kent Carers Matter and how you can get involved in the campaign visit www.kentcarersmatters.co.uk
Use #kentcarersmatter on Twitter
Kent Carers Matter is a campaign developed by five Carer organisations in Kent – Carers FIRST, Carers’ Support – Ashford, Shepway, Swale, Carers’ Support – Canterbury, Dover & Thanet, Crossroads Care Kent and Involve Kent.